Monday 2 August 2010

The Phoney War Is Over

Crewe's pre-season campaign concluded this evening with a disappointing 4-0 defeat for the reserves at Kidderminster Harriers. That's spoilt the unbeaten run, but I'm not too down-hearted. The team need a reality check. Besides, in previous summers they've beaten the likes of Hull, Birmingham and West Brom fairly comfortably and then gone on to have dreadful seasons. This summer they've beaten a handful of non-league teams, West Brom reserves and a mixed Blackpool side still struggling to build a team for their Premiership campaign.

Not that I've watched much of the pre-season. I've only been to one game and that was a local derby with Nantwich Town, which the Alex won comfortably. After the false dawns of the previous years (see above) I wasn't going to waste my money setting myself up for another season of disappointment. I'll be going into this one preparing for better but expecting the worst.

And it all kicks off this coming Saturday at home to Hereford United. Despite my reservations, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment