Friday 6 August 2010

Why 'Sick, Sorry and Sober?'

In case you're wondering why the blog title...

SICK  Not because I usually am after an afternoon or evening watching The Alex, but because I'm struggling with some health issues at the moment. Nothing major - Type 2 Diabetes and high blood pressure. The irony is that the tablets that I'm currently on for treatment of both conditions make me feel worse than either condition previously did.
SORRY  Now this is how I've been feeling after Crewe Alexandra games in more recent years. Especially after away games, when I've shelled out a fair few quid and wasted a day to be rewarded with a limp performance or (worse) the snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory. Admittedly I haven't been to that many away games in recent years for precisely that reason.
SOBER   Because of being SICK and usually SORRY and so that I can post reasonably coherent updates to this blog, I'm going to try to limit my matchday alcohol intake. I'm not going to try to stop altogether - I tried that after the World Cup and failed - but I will be cutting down on the amount I have.

And that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment